This morning I am writing from inside La Casita while she gets a bath. A crew arrived at 7:00 am to remove the dust, dirt and bug remains that have accumulated on the rig during the past three weeks. I just logged on to my Rhapsody account, and am listening to Car Wash and other old disco tunes by Rose Royce (above, in all their 70s splendor) ... just chillin’ on a Saturday.
My niece Aralena lives in Paris, is a gifted blogueur(euse), and her musings and observations on ex-pat life were the inspiration for beginning my cross-country journal. In a recent post to her blog dents de lait, she included a link to a video that I found sweet and moving. I admit to being old school in the music department, and am decidedly ignorant about hip-hop music, but this tune has stuck with me for the past few days. I emailed Aralena to ask if I could steal and share it. She wrote back …
feel free to spread the blackalicious love! those guys are fantastic. i was actually living in the apartment building where they filmed that video - cori and i came home to see the crew in the street, and went over and had lunch with them. yeah, i'm just cool like that.
I hope you, too, are enjoying chillin’ on a Saturday…and thinking about the things that "Make You Feel That Way".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment