Sunday, September 30, 2007

Desert Golf.

Today we played 18 holes of desert golf with Tommy and June. We were a little lax on the rules (i.e. you can kick it out of the crap if there might be rattlesnakes lurking in the area). We all had good rounds … good for me is double bogey … and finished up before the heat became unbearable. I was glad that my injury seems to have healed and didn’t interfere with my game, such as it is.

I’m kind of reaching to find something to blog about today because Eddy and I have spent the last few days “coming down”… hanging out in the rig with the AC blasting, watching football, golf tourneys and movies, going out for dinner, and generally doing jack sh*t.

We’re feeling rested and maybe even a little restless, and are heading home tomorrow, a day earlier than scheduled. Eddy misses his shop, the garden and our beloved Basset Hounds. I already have a client meeting and a press conference scheduled for next week, and I’m actually ready to go back to work.

I have enjoyed sharing our journey with all of you, and sincerely appreciate your emails and blogger posts. Although I write for a living, my daily wordsmithing is generally related to widgets, gadgets and corporate flak, so this kind of expression doesn’t come easily to me and your responses and "fan mail" have motivated me. As we settle back into our home and routine I doubt I’ll have much of interest to share…but we’ll see.

And it’s on to the next tee!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've loved following your trip via this blog ... what a great tool!Thanks for letting us travel with you vicariously and keep it going if you can. You said you thought there would be nothing of interest to write about once you get home but, Lisa, that's not true. You are one of the most interesting people I know and I devour everything you write.
-- renee claire
(too forgetful to remember my Google Account so I'm going with Anon:)

degarrido said...

Gracias, amiga mia!
High praise coming from my "tiny but mighty" artista girlfriend. I hope to hear more of YOUR voice soon, as well, whether painted, written or spoken...always original and thought provoking.

Unknown said...

Have I told you that you suck? LOL!! Not really, I found your trip to be wonderfully entertaining! I can't wait to do the same....but...I'd have to get a bit more techie, and of course, I have no rock star bus!! Does the hot rod count? Well, I'm so glad you shared your journey. NOW THEN .... get those pictures printed, put them in a scrapbook and store it in the rock star bus along with printed copies of the blog and you are good to go! Lots of love...the bren