Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A PJ at PC Day.

Watching the sunset...and the sprinklers...on the golf course as I finished a LONG day at the computer.


My desk was on fire when I got up this morning. Normally, I’m addicted to adrenaline. Normally, deadlines are a welcome incentive to get up, get moving, and get ‘er done…but today I quickly realized that I was going to be obliged to sacrifice play for work. I was hunkered down over the laptop from sun-up to sun-down.

I never got out of my PJs…they’re light, non-binding and, in a pinch, can pass for resort-wear. Fortunately, Eddie found some repairs and improvements to make, some shopping to do, and when he finished with all that he took off in the golf cart to check out the neighborhood and hang with Tommy.

I truly love what I do, and feel blessed that my business allows me to work from home or the RV. However, looking out our “picture window” at people playing golf was rather distracting and frustrating.

We had planned an early dinner at Outback, but getting dressed and going out was more than I could bear. I opted for a long, soothing hot tub in our splendid private patio…watching the sun go down and the stars come up…and again thanked the Universe for my fabulous, if at times frantic, LIFE!

Tomorrow I’ve been invited to join June and a few of her friends to a local event…a luncheon and Ralph Lauren fashion show in La Quinta. I’m still a working woman, not one of the “ladies who lunch”, but God knows I deserve to be after this day!

Hasta pronto!
Lisa

No comments: