Flying the green, that is. The Motorcoach CC golf course is, as I’ve mentioned, small but quite challenging, with water, water, everywhere! The first time I played it two years ago I put dozens of balls in the water. I’m doing much better this year, and yesterday only got wet a couple of times. And this time, most of those shots were over the green, rather than short of it.
This year they put in a gorgeous new ladies’ tee on the 4th hole. Only 58 yards and slightly elevated, the tee box is right in the middle of two waterfalls. For pictures of this hole (and my par shot) go to Desert Dogs and Golf in Photo Albums at right or click here. Since there was no one behind us, we also took the opportunity to practice with more than one ball on occasion. On one hole I hit 7 iron and flew the green, clubbed down to 8 iron and overshot, then 9 iron and overshot, and finally found the green with a pitching wedge.
June has invited me to join her ladies’ league scramble on Thursday morning and I don’t want to be the embarrassing guest, so I’m trying to play everyday and figure out which club to use on each hole. Today is very windy, however, so when June stopped to pick me up this morning we took a look at the palm trees bending to the right and said forget it!
Instead Eddie and I went shopping. I had a pedicure and then bought some cute golf shirts, summer golf shoes, and a bunch of cheap “water balls”. Now we’re inside the coach watching the 50 mph winds whip at the flags on the course. Hopefully I’ll get out tomorrow, but today I’ll have to content myself with watching golf on TV.
Hasta pronto!
No comments:
Post a Comment