Monday, March 30, 2009

Million Dollar Motorhomes


Before I met Eddie my idea of RVing was a Winnebago, or perhaps a classic Airstream trailer. Over the past couple of years I have learned that there are Class A, B and C motorhomes. Then there are 5th wheels and trailers, followed by station wagons with tents and sleeping bags, which is what I was accustomed to.

Marathon Coach is the Mercedes of Class A motorhomes. Yesterday afternoon Eddie invited me to tour a couple of them that are on display at the Motorcoach Country Club.

Generally referred to as Prevosts, they are custom-built conversions of commercial bus chassis from Prevost, a subsidiary of Volvo. They are high-tech, super luxurious, and very expensive...the two we looked at were priced at $1.7 and $2 million.

Paul Newman, Michael Andretti and Whoopi Goldberg are among the many celebrities who have purchased these luxury liners, and they are the preferred entertainer coaches…leased by rock bands, film production companies and sports figures.

Obscenely expensive, but lovely to look at. I’ve posted some photos I took of the two we toured in Photo Albums…or just click here. Best view is slideshow/full screen.
Hasta pronto!

1 comment:

R.C. Tafoya said...

thats insane.