Monday, March 10, 2008

Celebrating June’s Second Ace!

After a couple of years trying to master the very unforgiving golf course at this resort, June has transferred her enthusiasm for the golf course to the tennis court. She now takes lessons once a week and practices several times a week. Still, she went out after her 2-hour tennis lesson to play a round with her husband Tommy and me. She had a great session this morning on the court, and it seems she carried her eagle-eye coordination to the golf course.

At the third hole she drove the ball to the fringe, where it made a hop and rolled straight into the cup. She actually SAW this one, her second hole-in-one. I am thrilled that I was able to witness it, as was Tommy. I am sure he will have her second trophy made shortly, and I hope I can play this game as well as June when I’m 64!

For more photos of this moment, check out the last few photos on the All Dogged Up photo album.

Girls are doing well, although the resort folks asked us to take down our pet fence today...aaargh! RULES! No matter...they now know their territory and stay close to us when they are not on the leash.

After golf with Tommy and June this afternoon we visited our Morgan Hill neighbors, Don and Beverley, and had cocktails on the patio of their desert home at PGA West. Yummy poo poos, great conversation and spectacular views!

Then we came home and got acquainted with our new RV neighbors from Vallejo who have logged HUNDREDS of thousands of miles over the last few years. A few nights ago we hung out with a couple from Alaska who winter in Mexico, and exchanged email addresses, travel tips and experiences. I can see how this lifestyle could open a lot of doors to new friendships and adventures!

Hasta pronto!

No comments: