Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mari's First Mother's Day


Watching my daughter mother her child is a remarkable experience. She's so relaxed and confident in her new role, and Lila Blue is such a happy baby! We arrived on Thursday night and I spent most of Friday babysitting my little sweet potato while Mari went to work, then again in the evening so Mari and Jeremy could go out for dinner. She is growing and changing so fast...eating fruits and veggies, crawling, playing with dogs, vocalizing, and expressing her opinions already!

Saturday morning we went to the Farmer's Market, saw some friends and then Eddie and I did some shopping, fuddy duddying in the rig, and grilled home made burgers in the afternoon.

Sunday morning was brunch at Mari's house with Jeremy's parents Craig and Jan. Mimosas, grilled andouille and italian sausages (Eddie's homemade), a Greek quiche, fruit salad and croissants in the sunny back yard made for a fabulous celebration of Mari's first Mother's Day, and Jan's first Grandmother's Day.

Monday morning Mari stopped by the RV park to say goodbye and give us one last snuggle with Lila Blue before we took off for Oregon. Five hours later we arrived at the 7 Feathers RV Resort and hung out for awhile before dinner at Jan and John's house. Jan made BBQ ribs, green beans, yams, fruit salad and Killer Fudge. I ate so much I hurt and went to bed as soon as we got back to the coach.

Today Eddie and John are off doing "boy things" and I'm working in my mobile office. I need to get back to that now, but I promised I'd blog. For latest photos of Lila Blue go to Photo Albums or click here. Best view is full screen slideshow.

Hasta pronto!
Lisa

No comments: