
An excess of gardening left me with pain in my hip and left leg last week and forced me to cancel my golf game on Saturday morning, but at least I was able to help the boys make Cajun-style Andouille sausage on Saturday, and then learn how to cook a Korean dinner on Sunday.
Eddie had prepped all of the meat for the sausage on Friday, but the stuffing usually takes a couple of hours. This time, though, he put his new industrial-strength stuffer to work and he and Rick stuffed more than 10 pounds of sausage in less than an hour. It was finished smoking by Saturday evening and we snacked on it before dinner. Fabuleux!
On Sunday, Darlee and Philippe showed up with three tote bags full of vegetables, seasonings, several different meats, and incredible homemade kimchi that Darlee started several days ago. The idea was for me to learn how to cook a traditional Korean meal, and indeed I did! Click here for a video on how to prepare Beef Bulgogi.
We prepared two different sauces for chicken and beef bulgogi and set those aside to marinate while we made seasoned bean sprouts, seasoned spinach, cucumber salad and chap chae, which is basically vegetables and sweet potato glass noodles.
We had a wonderful time preparing the meal (and devouring it!) and I am confident I can repeat the performance with the recipes Darlee left me. There were lots of leftovers too, so I'll be having bibimbap for lunch today. Kam sa ham nida, Darlee!
For photos see Photo Album titled "Andouille & Bul Gogi" or click here. Best view is full screen slideshow.
No comments:
Post a Comment