Sunday, October 12, 2008

It's A Beautiful Morning!


As I’ve mentioned before, one of the great things about RV travel is the people you meet. On our dog walk this morning we stopped to chat with a couple and their two Yellow Labs, and had a lovely encounter with Ellis and Anne Hunter Hamilton, grape growers from Calistoga. Anne’s a painter and she showed me a flyer from a recent show in San Francisco and gave me her business card. I looked for her galleries on the web and saw more of her gorgeous mixed-media, large format paintings. I want one!

They also gave us a bottle of wine from their grapes. Anne’s art graces the label of their Two Dog Vineyard Merlot, one of Richard Graeser’s dog-themed versions. We’ll be saving that bottle for a special occasion, and we’ll recall another friendly and generous encounter on the road.

Eddie made us a hearty country breakfast of bacon, eggs, and fried potatoes, accompanied by tunes from Chico’s oldie station. He was rockin’ out, the grease was flying and this crisp fall day got off to a beautiful start.


Discover The Hitters!


This morning Mari and Jeremy went for their bumpy ride on the ridge and then a long walk. When they returned she called to tell us that she was having some serious contractions and she thinks she’s really getting started!

We’re going for manis and pedis this afternoon and tomorrow morning she’ll get another exam to see where she’s at. So, once again, we’re still waiting!

1 comment:

Jessica Rios said...

Lisa you're a terrific blogger! I love reading your stuff, and seeing how you share visually too. Gorgeous painting indeed! I would like to get one for my mom someday. Love to you and Eddie. Con tanto pacienca, eh? -Tia Jess