Monday, August 20, 2007

Making Lists and Checking Them Twice.

Getting ready for a cross-country trip in the motor home is both more and less complicated than planning a trip to Europe.

Less complicated because I don't have to weigh my suitcases, think about what may or may not make it through security, investigate power conversions for my hair dryer and toothbrush, or study another language.

More complicated because our goal is to be relatively self-sufficient. Ed is an expert at this, so he's taking care of most details, but he's asked me to check out what we'll need in the kitchen. He thinks we might have too many skillets...is that possible?

We are planning to take some of our garden tomatoes with us, as well as canned Dilly Beans (for the Bloody Mary’s, of course), and the pickled eggplant we packed last month. We are also freezing meals so we can thaw and nuke food when we want.

Then there’s the matter of computer, printer, telephone, etc. I just got a new Palm Treo that I can connect to my laptop for broadband access…and it is BLAZING! Well, it’s fast right here…but who knows how it will work in the hinterlands. Nevertheless, I am confident that between Verizon and the WiFi that is generally available at RV parks, I will be truly mobile and connected.

Eat your heart out, Barbie…ours is a ROCK Star Traveler!

4 comments:

Phil and Sandy Dunn said...

Lisa & Ed - can't wait to follow along on your trip through your Blog. We bought a 37' fifth wheel and 1 ton GMC dually last year - since July 2006 we have put 30,000 miles on it traveling to and through the western states (Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Washington, Oregon, northern California and Utah) - we planted ourselves in Utah (Panguitch - just outside Bryce Canyon) this summer on property we purchased while traveling through last year. My favorite book while traveling is 1001 Natural Wonders you must see before you die... Have FUN!

Sandy Dunn

Anonymous said...

I love it!!! Take me with you! I get to be Skipper!!!
Brenda

Renee said...

You are so stinkin cool! But you always have been. You are definitely my YA-YA girlfriend and I live vicariously through your exploits!

Love you!!!! Renee

Anonymous said...

If you come within 100 miles of Cody Wyoming and don't call me, I'll never forget it (but of course I would forgive you).
Renee T.