
Last Sunday we left our doggie girls and pampered poultry in the care of a sitter and headed out for two weeks in Oregon. This is a “working vacation” as we’ll be at 7 Feathers RV Resort most of the time, while Eddie helps his friend John do some interior remodeling on his home.
Eddie packed the basement with tools, a big flat screen TV and custom built cabinet for same, closet doors, and I don’t know what else. He did ask if I wanted to take my golf clubs because, if so, they would have to travel in the bedroom closet. Did I say packed?
Eddie packed the basement with tools, a big flat screen TV and custom built cabinet for same, closet doors, and I don’t know what else. He did ask if I wanted to take my golf clubs because, if so, they would have to travel in the bedroom closet. Did I say packed?
Two easy, uneventful travel days north and as we approached Lake Shasta we were delighted to see that it is full for the first time in four years. There’s still a lot of snow on Mount Shasta, as well, so it appears the drought is over, at last.
7 Feathers RV park is pretty empty at this time of year…mostly Snowbirds traveling north after winter in the south. Our oddest moments have been not taking the hounds out for pipi duty, not serving them breakfast and dinner, and not stepping over them! We’ve gotten used to their absence, though, and I was glad when it rained for three straight days that we weren’t sharing these tight quarters with WET dogs!
Knowing their house was going to be tore up from the floor up for awhile, I froze a lot of meals that we could share with John and Jan. I’ve been making dinner for the hungry boys every day and working in my mobile office, though during a sunbreak yesterday I went for a drive in the country and found a lilac blooming by the side of the road and picked myself a big, sweet handful.
Knowing their house was going to be tore up from the floor up for awhile, I froze a lot of meals that we could share with John and Jan. I’ve been making dinner for the hungry boys every day and working in my mobile office, though during a sunbreak yesterday I went for a drive in the country and found a lilac blooming by the side of the road and picked myself a big, sweet handful.
Eddie and John have already torn down and replaced one wall in John’s office, built a closet in the bedroom, and today they are destroying and replacing another wall to install the big ole TV and make more space in the bedroom. Poor Jan is recovering from her second hip surgery and her house is covered in sawdust. She’s excited, though, about the upgrades to her home.
Chubby Checker is playing at the casino Friday night and we briefly considered going, but it’s a late show and, technically, we’re all geezers, so instead we’ll just play some of his tunes on Rhapsody. After all, there's no place like home (or the motor home) for "twisting the night away".
Chubby Checker is playing at the casino Friday night and we briefly considered going, but it’s a late show and, technically, we’re all geezers, so instead we’ll just play some of his tunes on Rhapsody. After all, there's no place like home (or the motor home) for "twisting the night away".
1 comment:
Love your blog, Lisa. I cant imagine living in an RV for two weeks, in the rain though.
Post a Comment