Friday, July 4, 2008

Bad Blogger! Bad Blogger!

A little over a month after our wedding, we’ve embarked on our honeymoon trip to the Pacific Northwest for the month of July. Accompanied by Las Tres Chifladas, we have a few destinations and scheduled visits ... but for the most part, on this trip we will be free to stop and go or stay as we please.

We’re spending our first weekend in Chico with daughter Mari and son-in-law Jeremy, celebrating the 4th and Mari’s birthday. She’s a bicentennial baby and now she’ll be annoyed, because I just told you her age!

Anyway, we arrived Thursday afternoon, set up the rig, and then settled the dogs in before we went to one of our favorite Chico restaurants for a delightful birthday dinner with some of Mari’s dear friends…and ours by association and longevity!

This morning, Eddie set up the grill, chairs and tables (complete with patriotic table cloth) while Mari and I picked up the birthday cake and the fixin’s for burgers and dogs. Shortly after noon Jeremy’s parents, Jan and Craig, arrived with homemade vanilla ice cream and potato salad, and Christy and Rudy brought Anniversary Ale from Chico’s famed Sierra Nevada brewery.

We had a fabulous time chatting, cooking, and chowing down. Before Mari and Jeremy headed home to feed their doggie girls and take them for a run, we went swimming in the RV park pool. As the kids were leaving I headed out on a “nuisance run” with our girls and Mari stopped to take a picture of us with her cell phone. That’s when I realized I hadn’t taken a single picture of our beautiful day!

So here I am, feeling like a bad blogger ... and all I have to post is a picture of the girls bedded down next to me in the mobile office after their last run of the day. I promise to keep my camera on my hip for the rest of the trip!


Hasta manana!

No comments: